15.3.12

White Chicken Chili

I haven't made this recipe for a while. But I made it for dinner tonight with a few modifications. Kepler had thirds and Jayna had seconds and told me I was the best cook in the world. :) I think I'll be making this again soon!

White Chicken Chili

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilis
2 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
3 teaspoons cilantro
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
1 carton chicken broth (900 mL)
3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast OR 1 whole rotisserie chicken, chopped
3 (15 ounce) cans white beans (I usually use 1 chick pea, 1 navy, 1 white kidney)
2 cans corn
1/2 tablespoon white sugar
1 small carton cream OR 1/2 cup milk
shredded Monterey Jack cheese
sour cream
  1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Slowly cook and stir the onion until tender. Mix in the garlic, green chilis, cumin, oregano, cilantro and cayenne. Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes. Mix in the chicken broth, chicken, corn, white beans and sugar. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  2. Add in the cream and simmer 5 more minutes.
  3. Remove the mixture from heat. Top with cheese and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment